Green Bakery and Author Interview
There continues to be lots of interesting food/ag related stuff in the media these days which I have been stockpiling somewhere (and may have misplaced). But here are a few things I've seen the last couple of days:
An interesting Orion article about a neat little bakery in New York City trying to be green. Like most foodies, I actually dream of starting a very small restaurant that is made using green architecture, uses green energy, has a small but ever changing with the seasons and exciting menu, and uses local ingredients to the greatest extent possible. Any investors out there reading? Ann Arbor and Dexter seem to be pretty tough for finding a cute small hole in the wall venue that has a small lease. It struck me recently that it may actually be easier to find a small chic venue in a big city like NYC, Toronto, Chicago and also have an interested customer base that would appreciate it. Of course, easy isn't always a pre-req for me and I like to think I do things ahead of the curve. I just think a cool small local place that has local eats is an idea whose time is coming... and coming to every locale eventually.
Orion also had an interesting Breadbasket of Democracy feature article.
Additionally, Grist interviewed the author of The Omnivore's Dilemma, Michael Pollan.
There was also some good foodie articles in the recent issue of Plenty Magazine worth a read. See their webpage and blog for some extra online content.
Well, that's it for now. I'll try to post interesting things as I find them instead of stockpiling and subsequently losing them.
An interesting Orion article about a neat little bakery in New York City trying to be green. Like most foodies, I actually dream of starting a very small restaurant that is made using green architecture, uses green energy, has a small but ever changing with the seasons and exciting menu, and uses local ingredients to the greatest extent possible. Any investors out there reading? Ann Arbor and Dexter seem to be pretty tough for finding a cute small hole in the wall venue that has a small lease. It struck me recently that it may actually be easier to find a small chic venue in a big city like NYC, Toronto, Chicago and also have an interested customer base that would appreciate it. Of course, easy isn't always a pre-req for me and I like to think I do things ahead of the curve. I just think a cool small local place that has local eats is an idea whose time is coming... and coming to every locale eventually.
Orion also had an interesting Breadbasket of Democracy feature article.
Additionally, Grist interviewed the author of The Omnivore's Dilemma, Michael Pollan.
There was also some good foodie articles in the recent issue of Plenty Magazine worth a read. See their webpage and blog for some extra online content.
Well, that's it for now. I'll try to post interesting things as I find them instead of stockpiling and subsequently losing them.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home