Winter CSA: Week 1
Welcome to week 1 of the Winter CSA! Photos of what is in this share:

Purple top turnip (old world variety)

Black round spanish radish (old world variety)

Salad mix

Arugula

Kale (3-4 different varieties, luck of the draw)

Mizuna

Cabbage and baby cabbage (use like cabbage or brussel sprouts)

Peppers/tomatoes (last of the year)
Cilantro

Purple top turnip (old world variety)

Black round spanish radish (old world variety)

Salad mix

Arugula

Kale (3-4 different varieties, luck of the draw)

Mizuna

Cabbage and baby cabbage (use like cabbage or brussel sprouts)

Peppers/tomatoes (last of the year)
Cilantro
Labels: CSA


3 Comments:
This comment has been removed by the author.
By
Anna, At
11/08/2012 12:15:00 PM
Recipes:
I used this recipe with my turnips for half the potatoes (and adding in the turnip tops with some spinach I had leftover from before my share started) - very good. http://www.spiceupthecurry.com/aloo-palak-spinach-with-potatoes/
Also, the cabbage made a great slaw using a Russian dressing recipe that I get here http://www.copykat.com/2009/05/13/russian-tea-room-russian-dressing-this-is-a-salad-dressing-recipe-from-a-place-with-a-rich-history/
By
Anna, At
11/08/2012 12:29:00 PM
Mmm, sounds delicious Anna... I'll give those a try!
By
shannon, At
11/08/2012 12:31:00 PM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home