Chickens and Political Will
Some places in NYC and Portland, Oregon, to name a few, are allowed chickens. Why not a couple in Ann Arbor backyards. Too late to sign up for public commenting at tonight's City Council meeting (although you could sign up in two weeks) but you could still go and clap for any positive comments.
Chickens in Ann Arbor backyards? from the Ann Arbor News.

image from luckycluckfarms.blogspot.com
Chickens in Ann Arbor backyards? from the Ann Arbor News.
image from luckycluckfarms.blogspot.com


3 Comments:
I've been looking into keeping a few birds in my backyard in Detroit. When people ask about city ordinances I usually reply that laws require enforcement, and that wouldn't be a primary concern in my neighborhood (predators are).
On behalf of my brothers and sisters who live in your law-abiding city, I hope AACC gets their act together and passes this legislation.
By
Eitan, At
12/05/2007 07:36:00 PM
Shannon--I met you briefly at the Slow Food potluck. Just wanted to say that I LOVED the pak choi...how did you prepare it? It was wonderful...and I am fussy about vegetables, so any new veggie is good!! Thanks for sharing it with us!
Patti
By
Anonymous, At
12/12/2007 09:55:00 PM
Thanks Patti and all, I served *baby* baby pac choi (Black Summer variety) at the December Slow Food Huron Valley potluck. There were essentially raw actually... I simply swished them around in some melted butter and then put some fresh ground black pepper and sea salt on them. Glad you enjoyed. Be sure to try them when they are a little bigger and I start bringing them to market... probably late January/early February. I will probably bring Hakurei Turnips about the same time. -Shannon
By
shannon, At
12/20/2007 11:31:00 AM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home