Snake Delay
Recently one cool morning while moving some black plastic that was laid down temporarily for weed suppression I discovered three snakes, a garter and some beautiful blue racers. Since they provide vital pest control in the little ecosystem I had a little bit of a snake delay waiting for them to warm up and move on out before I could work the space.

Initially coiled blues.

Warmed up blue.

Also recently a neat turtle came by (sorry no picture). Appeared to be looking for a major puddle that some black plastic had provided after rains, explains the footprints I had seen. Anyway, I had moved that plastic too so the turtle headed north... Sorry buddy, check out the puddles north of hoophouse #1, or the wetlands a half mile to the north.

Initially coiled blues.

Warmed up blue.

Also recently a neat turtle came by (sorry no picture). Appeared to be looking for a major puddle that some black plastic had provided after rains, explains the footprints I had seen. Anyway, I had moved that plastic too so the turtle headed north... Sorry buddy, check out the puddles north of hoophouse #1, or the wetlands a half mile to the north.
Labels: farm


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home