Farm-to-School Program
I'm a huge advocate for encouraging schools to integrate more local food into their food services/lunches. I think our kids, the future, would be better off nutritionally speaking alone. There are of course potential educational concepts that could be integrated into their curriculum as well. So big kudos to groups like the Agrarian Adventure in Ann Arbor and the Food System Economic Partnership of SE Michigan who are planting the seeds to make this happen. Please read a story about "Farm Day" at one of the local schools in today's Ann Arbor News. I don't mind that the tomatoes I donated weren't as big of a hit as Tantre Farm's carrots, just as long as the kids were eating and making the connection to local food. (Honestly, carrots right now should taste better than end of season tomatoes anyway, so I think they got it right:)


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home