Know Your Farmer | Eco-Foodie Junkie

Friday, November 06, 2009

Local Food Month 2009

By all accounts, Local Food Month 2009 in the Huron Valley region and statewide was quite a success. Lots of exciting events put on by individuals, non-profits, and businesses. Click on the image below to see the full resolution scan of the Proclamation by the Governor of the great state of Michigan declaring this past September "Local Food Month 2009." I was thrilled and very grateful for the Governor's proclamation! Interesting to point out perhaps: It was fairly easy to make this proclamation happen... I essentially asked a friend at the Michigan League of Conservation Voters to ask the Office of Governor Granholm. I attribute this to the fact that Local Food Month is a win-win scenario for the State of Michigan. Now that we've had our taste (pun intended) of proclamations, I encourage all of us to ask all of our representatives at the various governmental levels to begin considering policies that move us in such a win-win direction.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home