Know Your Farmer | Eco-Foodie Junkie

Monday, May 12, 2008

More ideas for Claytonia

So I've been quite happy about the extremely positive responses to Claytonia, especially since I like it very much myself and since it does so well in the hoophouse at being such a fresh, succulent prelude to spring. Claytonia, technically claytonia perfoliata or Miner's lettuce is pretty darn good at establishing itself as an annual once you plant it once so I'm going to try to get some establishes outside the hoophouse so that we can lengthen its availability. At this point, just about all of it has gone to seed in the hoophouse, but I was able to sell some even to the People's Food Coop where Kevin the produce buyer reported it sold quite well and quick also. Anyway, at this point we'll have to bid it farewell though until next winter, when believe you me there will be more. Of course, not before a few more photos of things done with claytonia (mixed with some arugula too) from a post by another third of the Gastronomical Three.



Photos from Maria of the Gastronomical Three.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home