Know Your Farmer | Eco-Foodie Junkie

Thursday, February 04, 2010

Entire Journal of Food System & Public Health articles

So I've mentioned this occasionally but during the weekdays I assist research at the University of Michigan in a role as an applied geography specialist. Over the last decade most of my work (by design) has become intertwined with public health research including topics of food access and food systems etc.. So I was quite happy this morning to receive in my inbox a whole journal (recent issue of the Journal of Hunger & Environmental Nutrition) which devotes the entire issue to ideas regarding principles, policies, and practices leading to a healthier food system. As I understand it, links to the issue are free so most of you that are interested should be able to view the journal issue here.

I've only read one article so far but was pleasantly surprised when that article referenced right off the bat one of the most powerful papers I've ever read: Leverage Points - Places to Intervene in a System by Donella Meadows.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home