Tour with Book Club Discussion event report
So the tour, volunteering, and book club discussion event initiated by the local professional chapter of Net Impact was quite successful yesterday despite the rain that began about 10:30am and stayed the rest of the day. So I gave an overview of just what I'm trying to do and my motivation for getting Brines Farm started. Then everyone graciously helped over 50 feet of spent beds that included some tired arugula and claytonia. We had planned on eating outside in sort of picnic potluck fashion weather permitting but of course weather didn't permit so we moved all of that inside, prepped a gorgeous salad of course of various lettuces and greens with some small radishes and carrots to go along with all of the other food folks brought, and then had a wonderful discussion sitting on some of the bed space we had just cleared. The group of folks were suppose to be discussing the book Omnivore's Dilemma by Michael Pollan but like many book clubs I've been involved with the conversation did lead toward more philosophical and greater holistic discussions inspired by reading the book of course. It was definitely some very good food for thought and I was happy to be part of the discussion and hope I imparted some good feelings of optimism. Certainly seemed the case. Working on all pieces of the food system puzzle and definitely helping to inspire children to appreciate authentic food were some definite themes. Thanks to everyone who attended - it was nice meeting you!
Photos of the event are available in the second half of this online album.
Photos of the event are available in the second half of this online album.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home