Farm Bill Recap & Do We Really Need a Few Billion Locavores?
A good recap of the most recently passed farm bill...
Old MacDonald had a farm bill -
The good, bad, and ugly in our national five-year agricultural plan
And a recent post on the Freakonomics blog... on which I hope to comment in the near future since I take issue with some of it as well as some of the comments (some of the comments are good too)...
Do We Really Need a Few Billion Locavores?
Old MacDonald had a farm bill -
The good, bad, and ugly in our national five-year agricultural plan
And a recent post on the Freakonomics blog... on which I hope to comment in the near future since I take issue with some of it as well as some of the comments (some of the comments are good too)...
Do We Really Need a Few Billion Locavores?


1 Comments:
Interesting article. Like many, this columnist painted things in an all or nothing argument, and it's not as I think we can grow most stuff locally and then buy the rest sustainably. (In other words, I'm not giving up my coffee and olive oil!!!)
Also, just a generation or so ago, people DID grow mostly everything that they needed. Now it's harder with the lack of land, but probably (hopefully!) not impossible.
PS: Congrats on Terre Madre!
By
Anonymous, At
6/11/2008 06:19:00 PM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home