Know Your Farmer | Eco-Foodie Junkie

Saturday, December 11, 2010

Winter CSA: Week 6

Yikes, 7 degrees Fahrenheit the thermometer at the farm read this past Thursday morning. While I know I'm suppose to be a four season farmer, and I vow to work with the seasons (without adding any fossil fuel heat to the hoophouses), that temperature with a forecast of 3 more nights coming that cold or colder can make me a little nervous. I'd much rather have temperatures in the 20s. So we decided to harvest quite a bit of variety this week while the getting is good so to speak (who knows what we will be able to harvest next week)...




Winter salad mix



Arugula



Spinach



Red Russian kale



Tender Swiss chard



Red Giant mustard greens



Dried hot peppers



Potatoes and a few small onions

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home